12.19.2012

the mind of man




After chemotherapy was completed the oncologists gave us a double sided, three page document detailing the recovery plan.  Each future appointment was noted with corresponding tests to evaluate her health at appropriate stages.  Sometimes there are scribbles and changes.  Sometimes we just follow the charted course.  

Today at Clara’s 18 month post-treatment check they pulled out her plan.  

“Let’s check your Road Map, Clara,” the nurse stated.

Clara looked at me with big eyes.  “I sure wouldn’t have put cancer on my Road Map, mom.”

Yeah.  Me either.  

Proverbs 16:9
The mind of man plans his way,
But the LORD directs his steps.

Today, Clara’s scans all looked great.  Her remaining kidney continues to grow to compensate for the missing one (isn’t the human body amazing?).  The X-rays remain spot free.  It was even a blessedly poke-free visit. 

As the kids say, Woot!

We will keep chugging away at the long term road map as the doctors tell us, but I keep my eye on the path in front of me knowing that the best steps are the ones He directs.  

No comments: